Saturday, May 20, 2017

Deathmatch I: Victor Announced

Good afternoon, cannon fodders.

Today I am pleased to announce the victor of the first Thunderdome deathmatch. I apologize to both final combatants for the delay. My gaming time has been consumed by an ongoing Illyriad conflict. The battlefield must come first for all true cannon fodders, but I wanted to recognize the inconvenience and thank Treggar and Grum for their ongoing patience.

I enlisted the aid of three judges who I felt were knowledgeable in tournaments and PvP fighting. The judges used the boxing-based scoring system I presented two weeks ago in Deathmatch I: Reaching the End.

Two judges scored the match as a tie for both Treggar and Grum. The third judge offered a very thorough analysis according to the criteria, and concluded that although both opponents had pursued workable strategies, there was only one opponent who was credibly throwing punches when the match was called. Therefore, I am pleased to announce the first winner of a Thunderdome: Last Man Standing event:

Treggar [GATE] is victor of the Vernal Equinox 2017 event in Thunderdome.

Congratulations, Treggar.

The judges felt that Grum also deserved a great deal of credit for her effective use of elite divisions, equipment and defensive city placement. Her defense was outstanding, but ultimately there can be no chance of victory without inflicting damage to the opponent. Treggar gained a slight edge in the scoring by throwing so many damaging hits to Grum's fortress.

I would also like to thank our three judges for helping to resolve the match. I will not divulge their names here, but it is of course their option to do so. I appreciate that they took the time from their busy schedules to read the reports, analyze the match, and provide their advice. You have my thanks.

Until next time, cannon fodders...


Misbehave. Kill lots of stuff.

<^^^^^^^^||==O    Skint Jagblade

No comments:

Post a Comment